This page will contain all the tutorials the Android Research Blog will publish.
One thing that I would like to mention is that I do not write tutorials for the sake of writing tutorials. Every post I write is a reflection of a situation I had to deal with during Android App Development, and a potential solution is described.
Usually I post Android tutorials for beginner and intermediate levels. In the near future I’m going to write about more advanced topics as well. Follow the blog to receive notifications of new posts by email.
Feel free to browse, share the content, and criticize where necessary. Good luck in your Android learning journey!
- Using Custom Fonts in Android
- Android Asset Studio – The easiest way to create icons for your android apps!
- How to create popups in Android
- Creating a Custom Dialog
- Building a Custom Fancy ListView in Android
- Drawing Shapes in Android
- How to Create Android Menus
- Creating a Preference Activity in Android
- Showing status bar notifications in Android
- Where to find all the Android Drawables
- Taking a screenshot of current Activity in Android
- Integrating Google Analytics SDK (V2) with Android
- Scheduling an application to start later
- Writing and Reading from SharedPreferences
- Defining Global Variables in Android
- Understanding AsyncTask – Once and Forever
- How to verify an RSS Feed if New Articles have been published.
- Detecting Internet Connection
- Exploring Android Gestures – A Simple Gesture Application
- How to access the Media Galery in Android